Last Update: September 15, 2023
- Visitors to our websites
- Users of our hosting and information technology services
- Users of our mobile applications
- Service providers, affiliates, and partners
- Job applicants; and
- Other third parties we interact with
Data We Collect
Xiente collects data through various interactions with you, either directly provided by you or collected when you use our services. The data collected depends on your interactions with Xiente, including privacy settings and activities. We may also obtain data from third parties.
At Xiente, we collect Personal Information from you as part of our services. You may choose to share your Personal Information with Xiente in various ways, including in person or through websites and mobile applications operated or controlled by Xiente. This information may include details such as your name, address, email, phone number, date of birth, demographics, credit card details, emergency contact information, and more. You may provide this information when engaging in activities like:
- Registering for or participating in events, classes, and programs offered by Xiente.
- Participating in surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, or other services available on our website.
- Joining our membership program.
- Making payments or donations.
- Communicating with Xiente via phone, online chats, emails, web forms, social media, or other communication methods.
- Subscribing to Xiente’s marketing materials.
- Applying for a job at Xiente.
- Providing services to Xiente.
By sharing your Personal Information with Xiente in the ways described in this Privacy Notice, you confirm that you have the necessary authorization to provide this information and agree to abide by this Privacy Notice and any supplementary privacy statements that may be applicable to you. If you disagree with our practices, please refrain from registering, subscribing, creating an account, or otherwise interacting with our services, Xiente’s websites, or mobile applications.
At Xiente, we may gather data that pertains to you but does not individually identify you (“Non-Personal Information”). This category encompasses information that, in its original form, might potentially identify you personally. However, we have altered this information, such as by aggregating, anonymizing, or de-identifying it, to eliminate or conceal any Personal Information.
Automatically Collected Technical Information
At Xiente, we may also gather information about your online activity when you visit our websites. This information is automatically transmitted by your web browser whenever you access a website on the Internet, and we refer to it as “Technical Information.” Technical Information, on its own, does not identify a specific individual but could potentially indirectly identify you. Our servers automatically record Technical Information, which may encompass details like your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, and other data about your web browsing activities. This includes the type of device you use, including mobile devices, to access our website, as well as the date and time of your requests.
Collecting Technical Information serves multiple purposes, including ensuring the proper functioning of our websites, supporting our operational analytics, and enhancing your experience. We may automatically collect information through various methods, including:
- Clear GIFs (Web Beacons): These are small images placed on web pages or in email messages. We utilize clear GIFs to monitor user behavior, deliver cookies, collect data, count visits, measure usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine if an email recipient has opened and acted upon an email.
- Log Files: These files record website activity on our services, enabling us to compile statistics regarding our users’ browsing habits. Log entries assist Xiente in various ways, including determining how frequently users access our services, which pages they visit, and other similar data.
- Marketing Email Communications: We employ pixel tags and cookies in marketing emails to track your interactions with these messages. This helps us understand when you open an email or click on embedded URL links. When you click on these links, they may lead you through a separate web server before reaching the destination page on our company’s website.
- Mobile Communications: When you download or use our mobile applications or access our mobile-optimized websites, we may collect information about your mobile device, including a unique identifier associated with your device.
Social Media and Third Parties
Xiente’s websites incorporate social media features, like the Facebook Like button and other widgets that operate within our site. These features may gather information such as your IP address, the specific page you’re visiting on our site, and they may establish a cookie to ensure proper functionality. Social media features and widgets can be hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site.
Third Party Service Providers and Partners
To enhance our services and improve Xiente’s websites, we may acquire information from third parties. For instance, we may obtain program and participant data from third-party service providers, affiliates, and partners. This data plays a crucial role in enhancing the precision and relevance of our marketing efforts.
Collecting Publicly Available Information
At Xiente, we may collect publicly available data. For instance, the information you’ve shared in a public channel, like a blog, forum, or social network, might be read, gathered, and utilized to improve our services.
How We Utilize Your DATA
At Xiente, we make use of your Personal Information in several ways to provide you with services and enhance your experience:
1. Communications: We may use your Personal Information to respond to your reviews, comments, or other feedback.
2. Employment Applications: If you submit data about yourself, including your educational background or resume, as part of a job application or inquiry, we may use this information for employment consideration, where required or allowed by law.
3. Enhancing Offerings: Your Personal Information helps us improve our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising.
4. Fraud Prevention and Data Protection: We use your Personal Information to verify your identity and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access, or unauthorized disclosures. This helps protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and organization.
5. Industry Benchmarking: We utilize your Personal Information for industry benchmarking and data analysis in line with our legitimate charitable purpose.
6. Operations: Your Personal Information supports us in operating, maintaining, and improving our business functions and requirements.
7. Promotional Messaging: Using your contact information, we may recommend activities and services of potential interest, send you marketing and advertising messages like newsletters, announcements, special offers, or notify you about upcoming events.
8. Research and Data Analytics: We analyze your Personal Information to gain insights into Xiente program participant behavior, enabling us to enhance our services, programming initiatives, and increase their impact.
How We Share Your Information
At Xiente, safeguarding your data is paramount. Here’s how we share your information:
1. Disclosure to Third Parties: We do not license or sell your Personal Information. However, we may disclose it to Xiente leaders, service providers, affiliates, partners, and third-party vendors who collaborate with us to deliver products or services to you.
2. Disclosure for Legal and Safety Reasons: There are instances where we may be legally obligated to share your Personal Information. This includes:
- Compliance with valid legal processes like subpoenas, court orders, or search warrants, as authorized by law.
- In situations where an individual’s life, health, or security is at risk during an emergency.
- When permitted by applicable law, we may share information in special cases where we reasonably believe it’s necessary to investigate, identify, prevent harm, fraud, abuse, or illegal activities. This could include situations like threats to your safety or the safety of others, interference with our rights or property, or threats to U.S. homeland or national security, regardless of location.
HOW WE STORE YOUR DATA
At Xiente, we handle your data with care:
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. This duration depends on the legal basis for obtaining the data and any additional legal or regulatory obligations requiring us to keep your Personal Information. We might also keep your information for the period within which a claim related to our interactions with you could arise.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
At Xiente, we prioritize the privacy and safety of children. While we may need to collect Personal Information about children under 13 for the services we offer, we do not knowingly gather information about children under 13 or minors as defined by local law or regulations without verified parental consent.
We may collect Personal Information about a child under 13 if their parent or legal guardian registers them for a Xiente event, conference, or activity. If we discover that someone under 13 has provided Personal Information through our websites, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our databases.
If you’re a parent with questions about Xiente’s data collection practices concerning children, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Website Links
When using our website or services, you may encounter links to third-party websites, services, and applications. It’s important to note that Xiente is not accountable for the collection of Personal Information through these external sources. Your interactions with these websites, services, or applications are outside Xiente’s control.
When you share information on or through these services, the privacy policies and cookie usage policies of those specific websites apply directly. We strongly recommend reviewing the privacy and security policies of any external websites before disclosing any Personal Information while accessing these sites. Your privacy is a priority for us.
Your Choices and Rights
At Xiente, we respect your choices and rights concerning the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. You have the option to provide only the information you are comfortable sharing. However, please be aware that withholding certain information may impact the services we can offer you.
Cookies: Some web browsers and mobile web browsers offer settings that allow you to manage or reject cookies or receive notifications when a cookie is placed on your device. While you are not obligated to accept cookies, disabling them may limit your access to certain features on our services. Please note that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of our website and services.
E-mail Communications: We may send emails to communicate with you regarding our services. Even if you choose to unsubscribe from email messages, we may still send emails related to your account and transactions on our websites.
Mobile Communications: Some of our mobile services may utilize your device’s location information. You have the ability to control whether your device shares this location information by adjusting your mobile device settings.
Access and Correction of Personal Information: Xiente provides various opportunities for you to access and update your Personal Information. You can verify the accuracy of your information and make corrections, updates, or deletions by contacting us via email. We aim to respond to your access requests within 30 days. We will make reasonable efforts to address requests for data correction, updates, or deletion, unless we are legally obligated or have legitimate business reasons to retain the information.
In some regions, data privacy laws may require separate consent for sending you information not explicitly requested. Your consent may be implied in certain circumstances, while in others, we may explicitly seek your consent as required by local regulations, especially when handling Sensitive Personal Information. To safeguard your privacy, we may request proof of identity before granting access or agreeing to update, correct, or delete your Personal Information. We will only process requests related to your information or, if applicable, your minor child’s information.
Notice to International Residents: Any Personal Information collected from EU data subjects through our websites is processed in the United States by Xiente or a third party acting on our behalf. When you provide Personal Information to Xiente, you consent to its processing in the United States. Our websites are hosted in the United States and are subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protection as those in your country.
California Privacy Rights: California residents have the right under the “Shine the Light” law to annually request and receive information at no cost about the disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year. Xiente does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing without your consent.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
At Xiente, we may periodically review and revise this Privacy Notice to reflect changes in our privacy practices. Any updates will be posted on our website, along with the date of the most recent revision. We will also notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Notice in accordance with legal requirements.
How to Contact Us
If you have inquiries or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the use of your Personal Information, please feel free to reach out to us via email at email@example.com or through postal mail at:
Attention: Privacy Officer
174 Diamond Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to addressing any questions or issues you may have regarding your data.